Robert McKee has taught Story-in-Business all over the world. This quick clip from Brazil hints at some of the content of his one-day seminar.
Six Classic Errors in Business Story
- Telling your story from the company’s view.
- Talking to the customer in the third person.
- Avoiding reality as way too “heavy”.
- Creating a gratuitious feel-good factor.
- Avoiding exact detail in the search for universality.
- Calling rhetorical exercises “stories” when they are only directed at the mental processes.
Why is persuasion so difficult, and what can you do to set people on fire? In search of answers to those questions, HBR senior editor Bronwyn Fryer paid a visit to Robert McKee, the world’s best-known and most respected screenwriting lecturer.